Rhinoplasty Singapore - Nose Surgery
Rhinoplasty – One of the most commonly known and utilized cosmetic surgery, Rhinoplasty or “nose job”, is the corrective surgery done to reshape, resize and change the contour of the nose, or even reconstruct the nose. Rhinoplasty is great for those who wish to improve the appearance of their nose, upping its aesthetic appeal. It is also a beneficial solution to those who suffer from breathing problems caused by nasal irregularities.
Benefits of Nose Surgery – Rhinoplasty include:
- Enhanced Facial Proportions – Rhinoplasty can help enhance the contours of the nose, providing a more proportionate shape to match with the rest of the facial features. Rhinoplasty can also improve asymmetrical, unattractive, or large noses.
- Reinstated Functionality – Rhinoplasty can help correct any airway obstructions in the nose, such as a deviated nasal septum or enlarged nasal turbinates. This can alleviate congestion and/or fix other breathing-related problems.
There are various different types of Rhinoplasties available. They include:
- Augmentation Rhinoplasty – This treatment helps enhance a low nose bridge to make it appear more prominent from the frontal view as well as the side profile. This can be achieved using a silicone implant tailored to suit the patient. The patient’s own bone or cartilage can be used but additional surgery will be required to acquire these tissues. This may also leave a donor site scar. An alternative to this, is to acquire the cartilage from the ear to help lift the lower tip of the nose. If these options are not feasible, donors can be used to acquire allografts or other materials needed for the Augmentation Rhinoplasty.
- Reduction Rhinoplasty – This is done to correct the high nose bone or prominent humps. Large bulbous tips or wide nostrils can also be reduced to suit the rest of the nose and other facial features.
- Corrective Rhinoplasty – This is to correct either congenital or acquired deformities. Deformities can be caused by reasons ranging from blunt force to the nose, to even cancers in the region. Depending upon the nature of the deformity, corrective measures can be analyzed and taken.
For a Rhinoplasty Singapore consult with Dr. Yeap, call +65 67340061.